Israel

I have not been posting about it. I have not been sharing news. I have not been commenting on Facebook posts. I have not been sharing my feelings with my friends and family.

By nature, i hate confrontations.
I am always afraid to hurt somebody, and i do get hurt when people attack me personally.

But after witnessing the silence of many people around me about what's going on in Israel, i wander: do you really know what's happening? Why is it that none of my non violent friends or acquaintances has said ONE WORD after all the stabbings, gunnings, driving overs that have happened in the past few days?
Where are your words of support for the victims, where is your condemnation of violence, if "violence is wrong in all its forms?"

I know very well that the situation in Israel is not easy, and that there are political games being played, and the Israeli PM is not exempt.
I know that we are talking about human beings, and feelings, and a lot of anger, and cultural boundaries very difficult to be broken, but...

As a Jewish woman, mother and wife, today i feel that i have to guard and protect my family, my people...because if i don't, i am not sure anybody else will.
That's how i feel because the media is mostly ignoring the violence that is being perpetrated, or twisting information.

And i don't mean that i will buy a gun. I don't think that owning a gun will protect me.
At least not here in America.
I think that i have to protect myself and my family by being openly proud of being Jewish, and being less afraid of confronting people that looking at me think "Ye you Jews are all planning to dominate the world, and you probably deserve whatever happens to you, to learn a lesson".

Last night i was at a meeting in a Cafe', and all of a sudden, while i was sitting and talking with a group of Doula sisters, i realized that i was consistently scanning with my eyes anybody entering the place, and looking in the mirrors to see where they were going, if they had something in their hands, etc.

And this is nothing compared to what most Israelis feel these days, every moment of their life.

Just some food for thought, folks.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts