What a week end!

Shavua Tov!
Tomorrow we are moving to our house in Blanche Av, so tonight i am busy packing, trying to get things in order to be able to keep the price of the movers down :)
So far i packed three boxes of kitchen stuff and two bags of other miscellaneous, it's clear to me that i will now be able to pack everything i had planned, but i am happy that i was able to accomplish SOMETHING!
We are very excited for tomorrow, the kids packed their toys in bags and boxes, they did a great job!

This Shabbat was the Jewish anniversary of my mother passing...7 years.
I was very moody, it was hard to stay in the room where everybody was eating and having fun in shul...Alec was amazing and very patient with me, i was very fussy.
I miss my mother, even though we had a lot of discussion specially about me becoming "ultra orthodox", but there is something special about a mother that nobody else can give, and time cannot erase memories of hugs and time spent planning vacations for the summer, and long conversations outside in the terrace, in the evening, in the summer...
I miss her and i wish i had had more time to share with her...
Before passing away, she said that she was upset because she would have not been able to see my kids...i was pregnant with my first then, and i didn't know it :(
I hope that she is having nachat watching us from up high, and that she is proud of her rebel daughter...
Today somebody said kaddish for her, and we sponsored part of the kiddush in shul in her memory, but i was too upset to sit there with other people...
Maybe someday i will be able to turn my mourning into active energy to do something good in her honor...
Ciao Mamma.

Comments

Popular Posts