My mom's yahrzeit





Eight years ago she passed away.
I miss her, and i feel the lack of a motherly figure that spends time with me on the phone listening to the new things her grandchildren did, or gives me a hug and calls me "piciule" ("little one" in Friulano, the dialect of the region where i was born).
We had tough times, discussions, disagreements, but we were very close, we spent a lot of time together during my teen age years, and i know that she always cared and wanted the best for me...
She never met her grandchildren, but i am sure that she would be one of those grandmas that play hide and seek and tag, laughing  happily like she did.

Here is a song from her favorite music group, Creedence Clearwater Revival...i can remember her dancing in the corridor of our old house :)

Comments

Popular Posts