Another year

Tonight starts my mother's 11th Yahrzeit (anniversary of her passing).
Unfortunately, as the years go by i forget some things, or it takes me some time to remember (yesterday it took a bit to remember that her favorite cake was fresh fruit tart), and it makes me feel sad, because i feel like her memories are slowly slipping away, and all i will have left is some pictures in a box.
But then when the house is quiet i think about her and images some to my mind of her laughing, listening to De Andre' and Battisti by our stereo, debating about politics with my grandpa (they agreed, but they just liked to argue), speaking with me as a friend, to young in spirit herself to enjoy being an "adult".
We laughed, we screamed, we kept in touch throughout our journeys, and i wish she was here to talk to her about life, i am sure she would be joking around with the boys, singing some 60ties songs out of tune, and sipping a beer wit me and Alec.
Once a year, i allow myself 10 minutes to cry.


Comments

Popular Posts