Eureka! I found tomato sauce in American Land!!

I am so excited! I have been looking for tomato sauce since we arrived in America, but so far all i could find was either some weird concoction full of spices and stuff, or diced tomatoes, with pieces of peel and seeds.
Or, i had to buy whole tomatoes in can and make tomato sauce myself, but then i needed to buy the special strainer..
Yesterday, in Lakewood Kosher Store, i had the patience to go through their selection of canned stuff, and i found something called "Tomato Puree", i checked the ingredients and voila'! That's how Americans call Tomato Sauce, i guess...
So i am so thrilled that today i am making lasagne for lunch (yes, deal spell check, lasagne is plural! You wouldn't say Penna alla vodka, right? So same here...)
Now my next goal is to find decent fish...:)

Comments

Popular Posts