Long Branch and Deal...

Yesterday afternoon we took the car (or better, the Truck, like Moshe says) and we drove to Seven Presidents Park, in Long Branch/Deal area.
The kids were happy to go somewhere, so they behaved most of the time, and i enjoyed looking at all the villas...most of which had mezuzas on the door! There was even a wedding photo shooting going on on the seaside, with all the friends and family doing a nice choreography to frame the newlyweds.
We parked the car, and then we had to walk through the beach to get to the park. And at that point, when i had to take off my shoes, started one of the most interesting sensory experience in my life: i walked barefoot on the boiling asfalt, then i got massaged by the sand, then on the tickling grass, then on polished wood planks, and then on the rubber floor of the playground...
To understand the rarity of the moment, i have to point out that i never, NEVER walk barefoot, and that my soles are very very sensitive...so i was kind of dancing/jumping through it, and it must have been an interesting show for the other people around me :)
I even had a Italian/English funny moment when getting back on the car: i was trying to make Alec understand how my feet felt after that "experience", so i told him: "My plants are very sensitive, you know..." And after getting a couple of  "What??" from Alec, i realized that i must had said something wrong...i pointed at my feet, and then Alec started laughing and said: "your soles!"
Basically, in Italian soles are called piante, so i had mixed the two things and came up with plants...

Comments

  1. BA and I have a lot of language moments like that- except ours are German/English (he speaks Italian too, but I don't understand a word of it and it's not his first language).

    ReplyDelete
  2. He speaks Italian? We have also Russian words that mix into our daily conversation, and sometimes i really have to stop and think about which language i am speaking to avoid inserting some foreign words...then, again, i am a linguist, so for me it's fun all this "language contamination" :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts