Thinking about my mamma...

Last night i had a very weird dream: my father and I went to visit my mother, and she was in jail!
It was a strange jail, because it was outdoor, there were fences separating one cell from the other, and the inmates could see each other through it. We got inside her cell, and she was sad, so i asked her how long did she have to stay in jail, and she said "One year".
That was my dream.
I woke up a bit confused, i shared it with Alec, but i kept being bothered by it until, while i was sitting on the couch after lunch, i had an interesting thought: when my mother passed away seven years ago, i asked what to do to a Rabbi (i had to go through a giur besofek because even though my grandmother's mother has Jewish Heritage, there are no "papers" to prove it), and he said that i didn't have to do any mourning for her.
At the time i was too busy dealing with my loss and with my first pregnancy to think about it, but now, after a few years, i realize that i missed this moment of mourning. In my dream, she had to stay in jail for one year, and i cannot stop thinking that we say Kaddish for our deceased ones for 11 months.
Maybe a coincidence? I am not sure, i believe in Divine Providence, so i think that there is always a reason why things happen...
I will have to think about a way to honor her memory.

Comments

Popular Posts