Julia Child is my hero!

Thanks to my great mother in law, i got my hands on "The way to cook", by Julia Child, and i have already started to experiment some recipes, like French Bread: the result was yummy and i had fun following her recipe, she had such a brilliant way to write!
The first time i heard of Julia Child was when i read an article about the movie "Julie and Julia", with Meryl Streep impersonating her...since i like to cook and i like Meryl Streep way of acting, i was immediately interested in the movie, and as soon as possible i asked Alec to watch it with me (even though it wasn't a psychological thriller movie like his favorites, i think that he had a good time): besides her hilarious behavior, Julia Child become one of my heroes because while she was in a foreign land because of her husband's job (they were Americans living in France), alone most of the day, childless and not fluent in French, she pursued her passion for food and cooking, attended a prestigious  cooking school and became a master of French cuisine.
Not only, but she decided to "teach" to American women the art of French Cuisine, so she wrote several books where she explained with simple words and pictures difficult recipes that became available also for the most inexperienced cook...

Here is a link to the book i got...

And here she is :)



Bon appetit!!

Comments

  1. We watched it too, and my husband loved it even more than I did.

    Are the recipes elaborate and complicated? That's not my style of cooking; I don't have patience to all that. Maybe if it's simpler, I'd check some out.

    (Miriam Frankl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, on the contrary, i find that she managed to "translate" hard recipes in "doable" recipes, and she explains very well step by step...of course, in her books there are also non-kosher recipes, but there's plenty of stuff that can be done :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts