Post-Pesach thoughts...

How was your Pesach?
We had a good time, it was not too hard as we could buy Chalav Israel cream cheese and farm cheese and Yogurt, so we had food to eat for breakfast and dinner (other years i was constantly starving, because i am not a  big meat eater and fruit and vegetables don't fill me up...)
We had company for the first seder, and i would have loved to have more guests, but many people were on vacation or too far away to walk to us.
The kids made lots of friends, and they hang out in the parking lot outside the house, racing with their scooters and bikes. I must say that i am very happy to see them playing so much with other kids, without the language barrier. Who knows, maybe it was Divine Providence the fact that we thought them English at home?
HaShem knows better, as usual :)
We want to explore South Jersey, the seaside, and see if it has enough potential for us to move there. We miss the see and we would love to have a home restaurant business, similar to what we had in Napoli, just (hopefully) with more clients.
We are NOT looking into opening a Chabad House, we want to stay as far away as possible from politics and competition.
Another thought that i had is that the hippy movement couldn't have been born anywhere else...America is so conservative from many points of view (we got many comments because we let out little Yosef play outside in a sleeping suite or even -gasp!- with a tshirt and diaper), i feel the pressure myself!
Then, again, i am a natural rebel, so as soon as i feel some imposition, i have the instinct to go against it ;) i only like the restrictions that i impose on myself :)))))))
Another thing: I love the book "The joy of cooking" by Irma S.Rombauer and Marion Rombauer Becker, i am planning to experiment lots of recipes, i am already selecting the kosher ones!

Comments

  1. Ciao! I have been silently stalking ;-)your progress in the US and I am happy that everything seems fine and that you are already planning the next step.
    As you are talking about great cookery books, there is a book that I especially like and think has wonderful recipes. I gave it to my sister in law as a present and then bought a copy for myself from Amazon. It is called the "Honey trees and Honey" and it is vegetarian.
    Meanwhile a big big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I still have to unpack my cookbooks :P but i can't wait to start cooking again!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts