Shabbat Shalom!

I am taking a little break from my catering job...this past few days were very hectic, little sleep and lots of stuff to prepare...but thank G-d to day is the last day, and i will be able to rest a bit (if our little troublemakers will allow me).
While having lunch with Alec and the kids i was thinking that we all need to work on something, to better ourselves, and then i realized that the main reason why i wait for Shabbat with anticipation is because i love to eat my yummy soy ice-cream and drink my Caffeine-free Coke...i must admit that i feel a bit ashamed admitting such a poor spiritual connection with the holiest day of the week, and i definitely need to change this feeling of mine, because i am sure that my mood affects people around me, and because Shabbat should be a day for recharging our spirituality for the whole week...
I remember that when i was younger and at the beginning of my spiritual journey, i was all ruchniut (spirituality), i would get up at dawn to be able to daven shacharit before my University classes, i would take on more and more stringencies, i was very hard on myself for any flaw in my observance of the Mitzvot...for me that was my religiosity.
Now, with a big family and a house to take care of, i am immersed in materiality, so according to my past standards, i am definitely going "downhill" (difficult to daven when you have a bunch of kids that pull your skirt for more of your homemade cake-the only kosher cake available in the whole south of Italy), but on the other hand i feel like whenever i have a "spiritual" moment, it's a much stronger experience than my past "religious routine"...and all the material tasks that i fulfill are attached to spirituality as well, because "no flour, no Torah"...
Shabbat Shalom to all of you!

Comments

  1. E' quando si è sommersi dalla materia che ci viene richiesto lo sforzo più grande verso le mitzvot, quando si è ragazzi e non mancano nè il tempo nè l'occasione, la spiritualità è agevolata. Naturale quindi che diventino più intensi anche quei minimi momenti di spiritualità piena quando abbiamo figli, casa e mariti da badare oltre il lavoro da sbrigare.

    A me, si riempie di gioia il cuore mentre pulisco la casa e cerco di tenere tutto al meglio prima del venerdì sera.

    Ho visto oggi il tuo messaggio di risposta, ti chiamo in questi giorni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benissimo!

    A presto allora :)

    Shavua Tov,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts